1. Defragment Computer.
2. Use Combo Fix
3. Malware bytes
4. Run CCleaner
5. Install and run a good Antivirus program on a regular basis. One of the best Antivirus programs is a free piece of software called AVG Antivirus.
6. # Streamline MSCONFIG. Many computers have unnecessary programs running in the background which can cause a huge decrease in performance. You can use a utility called MSCONFIG to turn off unnecessary Start Up items that are
robbing your system of memory and processing power.
To run MSCONFIG, click on the Start Menu and click on run. In the run dialog box, type msconfig and press “ok”.
# Uninstall unused programs and files. Let’s face it. After a while, there are a number of programs and files that we simply don’t use anymore. Give your computer a
performance boost and get rid of them.
To delete programs completely, you must first go to the Control Panel and click on Add or Remove Programs.
7. Instant START TRICK
8. MAX OUT RAM
9. KEEP HARD DRIVE CLEAN and use external drive to store rarely used data
10. Use two computers at your desk.
11. Get a computer booster program.
12. Use a fan underneith to keep laptop cool
13. If you’re running Windows XP, turning off the fancy graphics will cause a noticeable increase in the speed up your computer. First, go to Start, Settings, Control Panel, System. You may need to “Switch to Classic Mode” to see the System applet.
Next, go to the Advanced tab. Click on the Settings button under Performance.
Select the “Adjust for best performance” radio button. Click Apply and then OK. The graphics aren’t as slick, but your computer will run a lot faster.
14. Make your desktop background NONE
15. On laptops take out the battery(lowers heat and it saves battery life)-be careful not to unplug it will shut down.
16. Change the SWAP speed.
17. Change color mode to high instead of “true” less data to process!
shut off unneeded services and start-up programs
USE LIGHTER APPS
One of the most often overlooked ways to speed up your PC is to simply use different applications. Switched-endorsed applications like VLC Media Player, Foxit, and Abiword can easily replace Windows Media Player, Adobe Reader, and Microsoft Word, respectively, while requiring only a fraction of the computing power (they’re also free!).
TOTALLY REINSTALL WINDOWS…BIG JOB but works.
update drivers/software helps
You can get 4 GB of memory for as little as $40 from an online retailer like Newegg.com or TigerDirect.com. Just make sure to check what kind of memory your computer takes.